Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Louvin Brothers - Satan Is Real (Capitol 1959)


To the River Of Jordan our Savior went one day
And we read that John The Baptist met Him there
And when John baptized Jesus in Jordan's rushing waters
The mighty power of God filled the air

I'm on my way to the River Of Jordan
Gonna wade right in to the rushing waters
I'm going down to the River Of Jordan
And let the cool waters cleanse my soul

King Naaman was stricken with dreaded leprosy
And he sent for the man of God to pray
But Elisha said to Naaman "go dip yourself in Jordan"
And let the cool waters wash your spots away

So he went right down to the River Of Jordan
He waded right in the rushing waters
He dipped himself in the River Of Jordan
And the cool waters made him whole

Oh the River Of Jordan is many miles away
And this mighty river I may never see
But I'll find myself an alter in an old fashioned church
And my River Of Jordan that will be


4 comments:

  1. Tragic Songs of Life is one of my favourites, and I've not heard this so I'm really looking forward to it...thanks very much1

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are welcome mate. I first heard carefully the LP in the reissue that came out earlier this year and realised that this one of the greatest records recorded in this genre. AT least it's one of a kind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. o you saw that documentary, too? Haven't actually listened to this record yet, i DO love the cover, however.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What documentary are you talking about j? i would be highly interested to watch it so if you have any more info about it feel free to share :)

    The record is one of a kind. i think you might love it :)

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete